16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp olive oil
6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tbsp panko
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
olive oil spray (didn't have this so I used canola oil spray)
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
2. Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
4. Coat the chicken with breadcrumb mixture. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes.
5. Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though.
Served with spicy ketchup (equal parts organic ketchup and Franks Red Hot or Sriracha - lord knows I love my spicy foods and sauces ;)
Instead of serving them with french fries, I baked some breaded zucchini sticks!
Baked Zucchini Sticks
3 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x 1/2" sticks
1 large egg white
1/3 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
fresh ground pepper
1. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and shake well. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top.
4. Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping.
You can find much better photos and more yummy recipes at SkinnyTaste.com!