October 16, 2011
35 Little Acts of Kindness
I know I love to smile and I love when someone does something nice for me. Always remember that one small, thoughtful gesture can make someone else's day...
1. Say "Good morning" to a person standing next to you in the elevator.
2. Pay the toll for the driver behind you.
3. Take a minute to direct someone who is lost, even though you're rushing.
4. Write a letter to a child who could use some extra attention. Kids love getting mail.
5. Offer to pick up groceries for an elderly neighbor, especially in extreme weather.
6. Give a homeless person your doggie bag.
7. Say "I love you" to someone you love.
8. Put a coin in an expired meter.
9. Help a mother carry her baby stroller up the subway stairs, or hold a door open for her.
10. Each time you get a new item of clothing, give away something old.
11. Take someone's shift as the car-pool parent.
12. Bring your assistant coffee.
13. Out of the blue, send flowers to a friend.
14. Say "please" and "thank you"—and really mean it.
15. When you're on a crowded train or bus, offer your seat to an elderly, disabled or pregnant person.
Read the rest on Oprah.com!