The importance of being thankful and expressing your gratitude on a regular basis is obvious, but it is nice to have one time of year where everyone (mostly everyone) makes it a priority. Giving thanks for your blessings only paves the way for more to come into your life. I'd like to share with you what I'm thankful for lately.
1. Most of us take the simplicity of taking a breath for granted too often because it's so easy to, so I want to first of all give thanks for just being alive and healthy. I have been blessed with great health, despite a few minor hiccups, and I can only hope that you are thankful for yours as well.
2. I am thankful for the opportunity to make someone smile whether it's someone I know, a stranger walking down the street, or through posting a quote online. The benefits of smiling are often overlooked, but one simple smile could change someone's day.
3. I am thankful for the ups and downs I've faced in life, they have given me wisdom. Additionally, I am thankful for every outlet I've found to share my stories though. A part of healing, learning, and growing is sharing your struggles and the lessons you've learned along the way.
4. I am thankful for my sister. Lord knows we've been put through hell in our lives more than once and we've both come out the other end stronger and more capable to live a beautiful life. We still face our adversities but I am so blessed to have such a wonderful sister to face them with.
5. I am thankful for my fiance. His patience through all of my troubles and my growth means a lot to me. He has done so much for me over the last four and a half years, I will never be able to thank him properly. He sees me for who I am, no matter how childish or ridiculous and loves me regardless.
6. I am thankful for my Mother. Though we've shared our differences, I love her more than words can say and I look forward to spending more time with her in the future.
7. I am thankful for the opportunities I've had to meet those who inspire me. Some are celebrities [Sophia Bush, Katy Perry, Kate Voegele] and some are not. It's humbling to see, no matter where someone comes from or what their status is in society, that they have such generous hearts.
8. I am thankful for all of my friends and followers online. I've been shown so much support through "strangers" through the last 10+ years, I couldn't be more grateful for it. It's comforting to know that I am able to have a voice and that it impacts your lives in a positive way.
Oh I could go on and on but I'd really like to know what YOU are thankful for!