If you post your own Q+A's be sure to let me know so I can check out your holiday answers.
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? I've tried eggnog a while ago and didn't like it. I may give it another try one of these years but for now I'll stick with hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Well, in my household, Santa wrapped and set them under the tree. Funny thing he had the same handwriting as my Dad - ;)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love colored lights but there IS a certain charm with the white ones and some houses do it so well.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? We always had some growing up but since moving out on my own, no.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? When my family would get together for Christmas growing up there was a plethora of various dishes including sausage, goulash, spanish hamburgers but none I would call a favorite. These days, I'd say it's definitely spinach dip. Adam makes it every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas and this year I've devoured about 3-4 bowls of it myself. Oops! - ;)
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I think my favorite holiday memory is simply celebrating with family. I miss waking up on Christmas morning with my sister and opening our gifts together. I miss celebrating with our closest friends on Christmas Eve. I think that feeling of excitement surrounding the Holidays is my favorite.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm not positive exactly when, but I know that I began noticing that Santa and the Easter Bunny had my Dad's handwriting.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Only ones at our friends' house that we got each other. My family was never one to open gifts on Christmas Eve, we always waiting until Christmas morning and day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Growing up there was a lot of red, white, and blue mostly due to the Buffalo Bills. The past few years our tree has been all sorts of colorful. Last year we stuck with mostly red and white. This year it's colorful again.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it. And I miss it!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes. I used to be quite good at it. But it's been awhile...
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Oh gosh. My sister got me a cute chain-link bracelet one year with a heart charm and an "L" charm, I loved it but lost it years ago. I mean, unwrapping gifts is always fun, but I don't think I've had that favorite gift yet. Still waiting for a kitten - ;)
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? I'm not a very religious person so for me it's all about spreading good cheer. I do believe we should always be helping one another and giving what we can, but there is something so special about this time of year. For the most part people are kinder and have a bit of skip in their step, if you will. I don't know. It's also about being with your family and loved ones, though it hasn't been that way for me in years. I can't wait to see them for Christmas again.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Christmas cookies, mainly because I love to decorate them. I also love pumpkin pie, though I feel it's more of a Thanksgiving thing. This year I hope to experiment with a few new dessert recipes.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Currently, I don't have any. Growing up it was being in the Christmas Eve play at my Church and heading to our friends' house after.
17. What tops your tree? Always a star. A nice, glittery star!
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I absolutely love wrapping and giving gifts. It's more thrilling to me than receiving. Though unwrapping can be fun, too.
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? YUM!
20. Favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone 1 & 2, Four Christmases, Elf, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and How the Grinch Stole Christmas - the cartoon version of course!
21. Saddest Christmas song? For me it's "I'll Be Home for Christmas" because I haven't been home for Christmas in 5 years. I know I talk about it a lot but it makes me really sad. I wish money grew on trees this time of year.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? This is very hard because I LOVE Christmas music, like LOVE it. Nothing can turn my mood around more than Christmas songs. A few that I love are Rocking Around the Christmas Tree (Brenda Lee), Little Saint Nick (Beach Boys), Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays (NSYNC), Let It Snow (Jessica Simpson), and The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Johnny Mathis).